• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Struggling to get composer support working

Willem Viljoen

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm developing a very quick proof of concept Plesk extension, to test the viability of creating a full scale extension to integrate with our provisioning API (I work for a company which offers cloud based mail hosting and security services).

As our API clients are packaged as PHP libraries with Composer, I will need Composer support to work in order to make the extension talk to our libraries. I've followed the documentation for Composer support as shown here:

Composer Support

My POC project has composer.json in the root, and the rest of the extension sources under src/. In that configuration, I've had absolutely no luck installing the extension. I've packed it into a ZIP file which includes the Composer metadata, and the src/ directory, but the installer simply complains that no metadata is present.

In the documentation I linked above, there is mention of an extension build process (with ext-ci), I can't find any documentation anywhere about what ext-ci might be, or how to invoke it. I've also checked in /opt/psa/bin, there is no ext or ext-ci binary, and the extension binary does not work if called with -c -i (or -ci), tried that.

I've checked my POC into a Github repository here:

GitHub - synaq/pleskHello

You can build the compressed archive by executing these commands in the root directory:

composer install
composer build

The archive will be in dist/synaq-plesk-hello.zip

Trying to install the resulting archive does not work.

I'd appreciate any pointers anyone can give towards getting this working. What is ext-ci mentioned in that documentation, and how/where do I invoke it? What am I missing?

Thanks
Willem

Just a follow up, I tried installing the composer support example extension from the Plesk GitHub account:

GitHub - plesk/ext-composer-example: A test extension intended to demonstrate autoload by composer.

I did this by doing a composer install, and then creating a ZIP archive from the contents of the src/ directory.

The result when trying to view the extension is this:

ERROR: Class 'PleskExt\Composer\Form\Index' not found (IndexController.php:11)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles

Has composer support been dropped from Plesk Onyx?

Hi,

I've tried to test the same example extension as above and I got the following error
Error: Unable to install the extension:
Corrupted meta.xml file.

What I do is, a ZIP download from the github repository, and then try to install it by uploading it to Plesk in Extensions -> My Extensions.

I'm using Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS from an AWS Ami.
Any support on this would be really good.

Thank you

Back