• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Stuck on 17.8.11 Update #53

Baltasar

New Pleskian
Hi, I get no errors verifying for new updates, but even there is already further patches/updates released my server don't see them.

I like to install all the new ones, like this ones:
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 54
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 55
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 56
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 57
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 58
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 59
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 60
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 61
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 62
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 63
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 64
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 65
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 66

Is there a way to solve this or to force the installation?

Thanks.

maybe your plesk doesn't point at the real plesks update site but a proxy one, or a cached one from your provider.

185.93.2.23 autoinstall.plesk.com
save the hosts file
then run
# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
and see if that works.

Cheers, Tom

Tried that, but still no go.
Here is what Plesk interface reports:

Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.8.11 Update #53, last updated on Aug 31, 2019 07:33 PM

I suggest checking the logs in the /var/log/plesk/install directory, especially the autoinstaller3.log, for clues.

Which OS do you use? Is the OS itself updated?

What does 'nslookup autoinstall.plesk.com' return?

When you ran 'plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components', what exactly happened? Just saying "no go" is not that informative...

Os is:
‪Ubuntu 14.04.6 LTS

nslookup gives:
# nslookup autoinstall.plesk.com
Server: 127.0.0.1
Address: 127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
autoinstall.plesk.com canonical name = 1727842103.rsc.cdn77.org.
Name: 1727842103.rsc.cdn77.org
Address: 185.59.221.27

Looks like the IP/domain added to hosts is not changing the resolve from nslookup.

Plesk install downloads some 400 something packages and install which I presume is the #53 again.

Last edited:
Hello, i have excatly the same problem. Is Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 no more compatible with Ubuntu 14.04.6 LTS? And Systemupdates will also not installed. No PHP 7.3.9 will installed automaticly. What is to do?

@Baltasar and @FraNico

Ubuntu 14.04.6 LTS support has ended in april 2019 - Ubuntu does not offer (standard) support anymore.

That simply means that new packages required for Plesk upgrades and micro-updates cannot easily be installed or not installed at all.

In short, it is recommended that you (in chronological order)

a) setup a new server with a new(er) Ubuntu version - version 16.04.6 LTS or higher, (and)

b) install a clean Plesk instance - this is always a good thing to do, this method avoids recurring problems and/or issues at migration, (and)

c) migrate all data from the old server to the new server with a more recent version of Ubuntu - this is as simple as running the Plesk migrator, on a per-subscription basis.

A small tip : upgrading your old server and performing / applying Plesk micro-updates afterwards is not recommended at all - it is very likely to cause a lot of problems.

Another tip : it is good practice to follow steps a to c on a regular basis, it will keep your Plesk instances fresh, clean and running without any problems.

Please note that you have to migrate specific server-side settings manually, so keep the old server for a while and investigate what you should migrate manually!

Hope the above helps a bit.

Kind regards........

@Baltasar and @FraNico
In short, it is recommended that you (in chronological order)
a) setup a new server with a new(er) Ubuntu version - version 16.04.6 LTS or higher, (and)
b) install a clean Plesk instance - this is always a good thing to do, this method avoids recurring problems and/or issues at migration, (and)
c) migrate all data from the old server to the new server with a more recent version of Ubuntu - this is as simple as running the Plesk migrator, on a per-subscription basis.

I don't know about you, but I am using plesk so I do NOT have to do this kind of stuff myself.

Well, @trialotto's advice is sound. I too would in this case recommend setting up a fresh Plesk instance and performing a data migration, rather then to perform an in-place OS upgrade between major OS versions. In any case, even if you do decide to perform the latter, Plesk won't be doing it for you.

I find Plesk to be a great tool for the automation of daily tasks on a customer or reseller level. But on a server level, Plesk is not a complete sysadmin replacement nor I think it aims to be.

Yes I did a fresh install on a new server with unbutu 18.04 and migrate everything, right now I'm on the latest version.

Back