• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

stupid dns problem (all ptr's reset on one ip)

C

CosmicD

Hello,

God knows how this is possible but from one day to another I got to my server and all my ptr names and according A records were reset to my core server IP..

I have 8 ip's and every Ip was assigned to a specific name. I did that in the dns settings for my primary domain name (that also functions as the dns server).

even my ns and ns2 records are moved back to the core adress..

Now how can I repair this without having to manually delete every record and put it to the correct IP again ?

CD

If you don't have a backup from before this happened, then you would have to manually make the changes either through the plesk interface or directly in the MySQL database. Plesk does not have any type of 'revert' or 'undo' feature built-in.

hmm, ok .. manually it is ,:)

** UPDATE **

BLAH!, its the backup function that causes this in the first place. It puts all ip's ptr and a records back to my master ip because .. well it's not an exclusive domain but I use that record to do all ptr's and a's for all my ip's..

I have no exclusive hosting model setup on my server: I remember having that with plesk 5, and there , i had a refference in the ns records of every hosting, because it was on the designated IP, it stayed there but now, because i do it on a shared hosting, it always thinks it has to set everything again to the same ip :((.. could this be fixed?

Back