• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Sub-Domain Webmail Setup?

Jake Perkins

New Pleskian
Hello, I'm new to the whole plesk, website and dns setups. I have tried google to see if I can find answers if it was possible to set up a webmail for a subdomain but I just received more questions than ever.

I currently have a webmail set up for my domain @thealliedlegion.com but I'd like to set up a webmail for @discordstaff.thealliedlegion.com I've followed the steps that was given to me from 1&1 Internet when I created my webmail for @thealliedlegion.com and mimicked those exact steps when creating it for this subdomain but when I go to webmail.discordstaff.thealliedlegion.com it resolves to a DNS issue.

Is it even possible to create a subdomain email if so what steps could I be doing wrong? I've created mx records for the subdomain and the primary domain. The primary works fine just the subdomain doesn't.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you

Hi Jake Perkins,

actually, there is no current A - entry:
Code:
nslookup webmail.discordstaff.thealliedlegion.com
Server:         8.8.8.8
Address:        8.8.8.8#53

** server can't find webmail.discordstaff.thealliedlegion.com: NXDOMAIN

Is it even possible to create a subdomain email
Pls. see: => [How to] Create mail account for a subdomain ( KB - article 119459 )

Quoted from the abobe KB - article:
Mailbox creation for subdomains is not available in Plesk GUI at the moment. You can vote for this feature on Plesk User Voice portal. Feature request ID is PPP-6799.

I've created mx records for the subdomain and the primary domain.
Pls. consider to check your DNS - entries for example with sites like:
  • dnswatch.info
  • viewdns.info
  • digwebinterface.com
... and pls. keep in mind, that your Plesk server might not be your primary nameserver, it might be the one from your domain - registar! ;)
In addition, pls. check as well for example => http://mxtoolbox.com/domain/discordstaff.thealliedlegion.com/ ( !!! make sure you click on the link "Did you really mean to run discordstaff.thealliedlegion.com? Click Here", when you only see the results for "thealliedlegion.com" !!! ) and consider to resolve your issues, before you continue with questions to additional configuration options.

Back