• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Subdomain configuration for Wordpress Multisite under Onyx without Wildcard

fd_paz

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,
I would like to configure a multisite Wordpress (with subdomains) under Plesk Onyx without Wildcard.
I have to set only 3 subdomains, but my problem is that I want to use Letsencrypt on all subdomains. Since Letsencrypt not support Wildcard I would configure multisite without Wildcard.
Unfortunately I can not find a solution for subdomain configuration under Plesk. After I create a new subdomain in Onyx, I find a new hosting interface and so I have to install a new WordPress, but I want to configure a Multisite and manage all three subdomains from a control panel.
Could someone explain a simple solution to configure subdomains and mapping them in Wordpress Multisite under Onyx?

Many thanks

Well after you have created subdomain you can go and disable webhosting....under hosting settings-->Hosting type ..you can select without hosting...
this is solution if you don't want to have hosting interface at all..also you have option to change root directory if you need just to map subdomain to different directory(for example inside wordpress.... httpdocs/subdomain)

Well after you have created subdomain you can go and disable webhosting....under hosting settings-->Hosting type ..you can select without hosting...
this is solution if you don't want to have hosting interface at all..also you have option to change root directory if you need just to map subdomain to different directory(for example inside wordpress.... httpdocs/subdomain)

Thank you very much Sanel.
1- In subdomain I modified "Hosting type" to "no web hosting", but when I click on "Let's Encrypt", I get "Error: Domain with id = 58 not found". "Let's Encrypt" is compatible with "no web hosting"? (screenshot 1)
2- Even with "no web hosting," going to the url of the subdomain displays the Plesk interface (screenshot 2).
3- In Wordpress necessarily I have to use a plugin for mapping sub-domains?

Many thanks

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 6
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 6
Now when you disable hosting for subdomain it will still point to plesk default page because that subdomain point to server IP.
Now when you create new site from wordpress I supose that site will be somewhere inside httpdocs/subdomain/ ..did you add new website from wordpress?

Wel I'm posting from my memory..give me just few minutes to replicate that on test server..and I will give you steps to resolve it

Wordpress is installed in the root of domain.
I have added 3 sites in Wordpress: it.domain.com, de.domain.com and fr.domain.com
Wordpress Multisite is working well with Wildcard, but I need without it.

Wordpress is installed in the root of domain.
I have added 3 sites in Wordpress: it.domain.com, de.domain.com and fr.domain.com
Wordpress Multisite is working well with Wildcard, but I need without it.
Well in that case you'll have to map subdomains manually....you can activate hosting for subdomain and in root foldler set path to wordpress.For example if path to fr.domain.com is httpdocs/fr.domain.com than set it as root foldler of subdomain.

I just give you path as example..I don't know real path to your site...in WP Multi site admin interface,if I remeber corectly ,you have network settings tab and there you can find directory path and other settings,now if you want to manually map subdomain you just need to set wp multi site path as root of your subdomain. When you want to map externall domain/subdomain than it can be problem but in this case you just need map it properly to right path.

Ok, I solved the problem. It was necessary install a plugin in WordPress.
One last question: can I configure on the same domain the individual subdomains and also wildcard (*). I configured that and it seems everything works fine. Perhaps this may cause problems or incompatibility conflicts?

Back