• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subdomain folder, strange behaviour

M

mezzomix

Hi,

First of all: I am using the Power User Panel.

When I create a subdomain I can choose the name of the subdomain and the name of the folder where I upload my subdomain files. Since Plesk has a subdomain folder located at /subdomains, I want to have the new folder in there, of course! But Plesk gives me an error, when I try that.

Have a look at the picture:
attachment.php

Alright, then I just type in mysubdomain. See what happens now:
attachment.php

Plesk created /mysubdomain and /subdomains/mysubdomain. The folder used for serving is /subdomains.

That behaviour makes no sense.

Attachments

• subdomainerror1.png
    subdomainerror1.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 33
  • subdomainerror2.png
    subdomainerror2.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 32
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=105624

And www-root cannot be set or changed to VHOSTS_D/<webspace_name>/subdomains/*; but www-root of old subdomains (that has been created in previous versions of the Plesk) points to that directory (because of backward compatibility). If end user change www-root of such subdomain, he will unable to set www-root value back to /subdomains/*

I have the same issue, but i have no problem creating subdomains under the vhost root (f.e. /site1).

- Why is a subdomain/site1 (with cgi-bin, error-docs, etc) created if i create a subdomain with /site1 (why not create the whole skeleton under /site1 instead of having two directories?)
- If i delete the subdomain which points to /site1, why is the directory itself not deleted and why can't i delete it by FTP access?

Let me explain a little bit.
Domains and subdomains in Plesk 10 is only entry points from web to webspace (place on your disk). You can have several domain/subomains which have the same entry point or in other words place on disk. When you delete domain/subdomain - you delete only entry point from web (apache configuration) but not content because this content can be used by other domains/subdomains via their entry points. Therefore it is correct behavior.
In described case you have specified site's document root directory from root of his webspace. There is no full access to webspace directory for the domain's ftp-user, therefore in a root of webspace you can't delete directory with file-manager.
For example:/subdomain/test/httpdocs. You can delete test/httpdocs, but can't delete/subdomain directory.
As far as I know it is problem and developers are working on it.

think we have more different problems here.

fact: subdomains created in former plesk versions and migrated to plesk10 have a different behavior then sudomains created in plesk10. migrated subdomains are migrated to folder: domain.tld/subdomains/subdomain name. in this folder are ONLY migrated subdomains you cant create new subdomains into this folder.

@Angels: more then 1 subdomain can point to one of this directories so its not good to delete it when one of the subdomains will be deleted...

ok IgorG was faster;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back