1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Subdomain keeps pointing to the default web site on the server

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by marcosamy, Jun 26, 2012.

1. marcosamy

marcosamy Guest

I have a hosted web site on a domain (example.com), I have hardware firewall and external dns service on it (Cloudflare) and it works fine

Recently i needed to add a subdomain (control.example.com) which I need it to be pointing the same as main domain (example.com) or even a subfolder in it.

first I created a "control" CNAME in the dns service (Cloudflare) an alias of "example.com" , the same as with CNAME "www".

I did the same on the "DNS Settings" in plesk

then I found the subdomain is displaying the contents of the default website on the server (contents in "\inetpub\vhosts\default\htdocs")

I tried to add it as as subdomain by clicking add subdomain the setting the "DNS in master mode" on it, but it keeps displaying contents of the default website of the server.

how can I add a subdomain points to the as the domain do?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Affiliate:
    https://plesk.com/?a_aid=59ae552b0731c
    Did you try to add your control.example.com as domain alias of example.com?

3. marcosamy

marcosamy Guest

domain alias

domain alias works, thanks