1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

subdomain mySQL Joomla error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by cgraham149, Apr 22, 2006.

1. cgraham149

cgraham149 Guest

Description:

For some reason I am getting a username password error when Joomla tries to connect to mySQL from my subdomain "alumni.domain.com" using the created user account for that DB. However, I CAN connect using the MASTER Plesk mySQL account, which I don't want to do.

Here are my settings in Plesk:

subdomain: alumni.domain.com
    mySQL DB: joomla_alumni
    mySQL user: alumni_admin
    mySQL pwd: user123

Here are my settings in Joomla - that do NOT work:

host: localhost
    mySQL user: alumni_admin
    mySQL pwd: user123

For security reasons, I would prefer not to have my master mySQL pwd in the Joomla configuration.php file, but it works if I do.

Here are my settings in Joomla - that DO work:

host: localhost
    mySQL user: pleskMasterAdmin
    mySQL pwd: user456

My Environment:

RH 9
    Plesk 7.5.4
    mySQL 4.1.18
    PHP 4.3.2

I have tried but with no success...

Code:
    grant all on joomla_alumni.* to alumni_admin@localhost identified by 'user123';
    and

Code:
    grant all on joomla_alumni.* to [email]alumni_admin@alumni.domain.com[/email] identified by 'user123';
    So, now I turn to you to see if someone might have figured this one out already. I am at a loss as to why this is happeneing. I am pretty sure it has to do with mySQL user permissions, but what I have tried has not worked.

Thanks in advance for any help.