• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subdomain not showing

kevinsan

New Pleskian
Hey everyone,
I am using Plesk 12.0 on Linux. I have a domain with which I would like to set up a subdomain. I created the subdomain and it appears under websites and domains. When I go to the parent domain, I do not see the subdomain in the file manager (root directory or anywhere else that I can tell). Document root in the Hosting Settings is set like this: dev1.domain.com

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I can't reproduce this issue:

Снимок экрана 2016-01-22 в 12.30.09.png

As you can see subdomain's directories are visible and accessible in domain's FM. Try to find subdomain's directory location of filesystem in CLI. Or create subdomain with help of corresponding Plesk CLI utility and check possible errors in output.

The subdomain shows under Domains only, not Subscriptions. I also noticed that I can create subdomains and see them within File Manager on sites that are Wordpress. On the sites that do not have Wordpress installed I cannot. Very strange. My goal is to set up a subdomain as a staging or development area. I have a live site that is just php and html and I want to redo the site, with a 'test' area. Any other ideas? Maybe I can just plant it in a folder within the current site instead of a subdomain?

Thanks everyone. This has been very frustrating and makes no sense. Here are some screenshots if this helps anyone.

1) shows mtacconline.net which IS a wordpress site. You can see the subdomain (info).
2) shows mtschoolofcanada which is NOT a wordpress site. No subdomain shows. (stage)
3) shows my 2 subdomains - 1 under mtacconline.net and the other under mtschoolofcanada ... so the stage.mtschoolofcanada subdomain does exist

I have multiple domains hosted on this server and I've tried this out on several domains and the conclusion is that on each one that has WP installed it's not a problem but if it is not a WP site it is a problem. I would think it would be the other way around.2.png

3.png 2)1.png

Back