• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subdomain ( page not found ) problem

imAser

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have a problem with my server. I am trying to make a subdomain, and it isn't working. I create it like how in all tutorials says here( click here ) . I completed all fields, but when i try to open the subdomain in a browser page, it's telling me, page not found / page doesn't exist. I looked on internet and i found nothing to help me to fix this. I have a dedicated server on window server 2008 for my website with a dedicated IP.

Any advices? I also waited more than 24 hours. And still i ain't getting anything.

Subdomain - Page not found

Hello!

I just recently updated plesk from 11 to 12, ( runing a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 ) and i created by default a subdomain like on the tutorial ( click here to see tutorial tutorial ) . and after i created the subdomain, i click to open it; but in pleace of showing me a parallels plesk page ( index.html ) , it tells me " Page not found / Page doesn't exist ". I also searched thru internet to see how to fix this problem and i didn't find anything. I found only how to create a subdomain, and all are the same as the one i put it on the link few lines above.

For my website i use a dedicated server. Any advice how to fix this?

Thank you!

Hello, imAser.
As I can see you provided a link to Plesk for Linux documentation "Adding Wildcard Subdomains (Linux)". It is impossible to create wildcard subdomains on Plesk for Windows servers.
May be the link is wrong and you created regular subdomain. Then when IIS shows error 404 it needs to check detailed error page. IIS tells what is not good. There are several reasons for error 404. How to enable detailed error mode is described here

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rakkimk/arc...ile-browsed-from-for-the-client-browsers.aspx

But first of all, you need to ensure that subdomain name is resolved correctly to your server.

By mistake i made two posts.

The detailed error is enabled already. And i still have the page doesn't exist error.

This is a image of the " error " i get on my subdomain :
pagenotfound.png

I also waited for more than 24hours for dns to get resolved.

P.S. I am new to plesk too. So I ain't understanding for now that well.

But here is how i created the subdomain : I loged on Plesk panel then on my domain, i clicked on " [Manage in Power User view] " then at "Website & Domains", I clicked on " Add new subdomain ". I completed the two fields, and clicked OK. I waited 24hours. Because I knew it will take some time for DNS to resolve ( i knew that I have to wait around 24hours for dns to get resolved from when I had a account in the past. But it wasn't dedicated server, and as panel, i used cPanel )

Last edited:
Hello,
So am I...
Sorry to write on an old subject, but I think I've the same problems.
Any of my subdomain are reachables, they always show the Default Parallels Plesk Page.
I can't make some modifications in any DNS without a 504 page and this error message in /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log :

[error] 30571#0: *79 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, server: , request: "POST /admin/subscription/delete/?redirect=/subscription/list/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/sw-engine.sock", host: "mydomain.tld:8443", referrer: "https:/mydomain.tld:8443/admin/subscription/list?context=subscriptions"

I've got more than 70 domains working on my server, I will be very disapointed if a have to plan a migration now...
Thanks in advance !
Best Regards

Hi,

My mistake....
I reboot server then everything was better:

- Reboot
- httpdmng --reconfigure domain

Was enough to repair everything !
Hope I won't have this kind of problem again.

Thanks to the community.

Back