• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subdomains issue

D

djason

Hi I have a question to make regarding the subdomains creation!!!!

I have created a subdomain via Plesk 8.4, but I cant visit my subdomains when I am typing www.subdomain.domain.tld, but i can see them when i type subdomain.domain.tld.

Can you help me on how to solve this???

Thank you in advance

I've made myself a bash scritp to cover that, but you have tu run it for every subdomain.

#!/bin/bash

#cd /var/www/vhosts/$2/subdomains/$1/conf

if !(grep -q "ServerAlias www.$1.$2" /var/www/vhosts/$2/subdomains/$1/conf/vhost.conf > /dev/null 2&>1)
then
echo ServerAlias www.$1.$2 >> /var/www/vhosts/$2/subdomains/$1/conf/vhost.conf
fi

/opt/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=$2 > /dev/null 2&>1

/usr/local/psa/bin/dns.sh --add $2 -cname www.$1 -canonical $1.$2.

/usr/init.d/bind9 restart > /dev/null 2&>1

/usr/sbin/apache2ctl -k graceful > /dev/null 2&>1

echo Subdomain $1.$2 has been set up!

You use it like this (for forum.domain.com, name of file with above script: wwwdomain): ./wwwdomain forum domain.com

Thank you for your reply meto!!!

I ve done almost the same without writing a script, I made the changes into the conf file of the domain and it worked, but when I restarted the apache everything was changed again and became as it was before the changes that I made... isnt that strange?

Is this a bug of 8.4 version??

Thank you anyway I ll copy your script and I will see how it works.

It does for me :) Its not a bug its a FEATURE! :p Subdomains NEVER had www prefix included (as far as i remember, wich is PLESK 7.5 Reloaded).

Back