• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved subscription, account, additional services, wordpress toolkit

TomBoB

Regular Pleskian
there seems to be a glitch with the proper display of the Wordpress Toolkit under Account - Additional Services.

logged in as admin, check service plan, wordpress toolkit and all sub-choices enabled.
create new subscription.
still as admin, go to that subscription, account, additional services and (in this case) it shows 8 times wordpress toolkit, and all of them as "off".

when logging into the control panel as that client, and checking account, pick the subscription in question, additional services tab, it shows the wordpress toolkit once, but still off, when it is actually on.
And in the left column there is the option to go to the wordpress toolkit.

Seems the detection, state and linkage of the wordpress toolkit to "additional services" is somewhat broken.

Can anyone confirm? Or could it be corruption in our Plesks database that doesn't get picked up by a databse repair?

Cheers, Tom

Hello, the issue is confirmed: EXTWPTOOLK-3408. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Hi,

According to the change log it was repaired with Toolkit 4.6.0 on 20 03 2020.
Someone must have brought back old code into the Toolkit because a client just notified us that the error is back. Double-checked, and yes, that behaviour is indeed back.
Logged in as client, account - additional services. Everything to do with Wordpress Toolkit is marked off. But the Wordpress Toolkit is accessible and new instances can be installed.

Hi,
Could you please inform us what versions of Plesk and Toolkit does client use? I've just checked {Plesk 18.0.29,Plesk 18.0.26}*{WPT 4.9.0-3819,WPT 4.9.0-3853}. "On" indicated properly. Also it would be nice if you attach screenshots.

I got that "Everything to do with Wordpress Toolkit is marked off" (subscription was created with "Install WordPress" without any set add. service) after removal WPT and install it again. Is this case possible for your client?

Hi,

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.28 Update #3, on CentOS Linux 7.8.2003 (Core), Wordpress Toolkit Version 4.9.0-3819

logged in as server admin. Go to the subscription. "Account" tab. Then choose the "Additional Services" tab. (Not the button by the same name above).
View attachment 17312

Everything is marked as "off" apart from the very last "SSL It!" tab (not visible on this screenshot)

1596482010737.png
This is despite the fact that the client has Wordpress installed, and the site is showing in the Wordpress Toolkit.

Lets log out, and log in as the client.
His Wordpress site shows under "Domains and Tools":

1596482401084.png

It also shows the Wordpress Toolkit on offer; and his site as it is:

1596482612629.png

But if you go to Accounts, Additional Services, all Wordpress options are marked as "Off" [apart from the "SSL It!" extension at the very bottom.]

1596482858751.png

Hope it helps to pin it down again :)

Cheers,

Tom

I got that "Everything to do with Wordpress Toolkit is marked off" (subscription was created with "Install WordPress" without any set add. service) after removal WPT and install it again. Is this case possible for your client?
I'm not 100% sure I get your meaning, but I think not. Wordpress Toolkit has been there pretty much since it was launched by Plesk. Never uninstalled / reinstalled it. The clients website was loaded the "featured applications" route. Hasn't been uninstalled / reinstalled / overwritten by a restore either.
So it really is straight forward: 1) Wordpress toolkit was there. 2) Wordpress was loaded using the applications - featured applications [no customisations] way.

Hi.
The mark "Off/On" on the subscription - Account - Additional Services" does not indicate whether WordPress installed or not. It indicates presence of Additional Services in Service plan subscription created with. That's all. For example, in screenshot below you can see that subscription was created with the service plan named "Default Domain + WP + Contact Form 7". This service plan currently has additional service "Install WordPress with Contact Form 7 set". And in Account - Additional Services this marked as "On". But no any WordPress installed on the subscription (I removed it). Could you please check additional services in subscription's service plan? If no, that it's expected. (You can try somewhere if it's safely: modify this service plan by any WordPress additional service, ensure that it is "On" in Account-Additional Services and return Service Plan to proper Additional Services)1596530882583.png

Last edited:
Hi, Thanks for the detailed explanations!

What you describe is a set of features of the Wordpress toolkit that we never used, never had to use, nor even considered might be useful (for the way we operate). Hence my complete misunderstanding of the above.

Always something new to learn :) We'll familiarize us with this - for us - unknown portion of the Toolkit.

Thanks again for shedding light on it!

Cheers,
Tom

Back