• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

suexec not in affect?!

P

patrickwever

Hi,

Just got acces to our new server from Schlund+Partner.
Suse 9.1 with Plesk 7.5
Everything works fine, except...

Apache runs cgi scripts under the apache user/group instead of the domain user/group.

For the domain in question (the first one, not the default) all services have been disabled, except CGI Support and the AddHandler cgi-script .cgi line was added to httpd.conf

Adding User/Group or SuexecUserGroup directives to the virtual host is not working (apache config error) and Plesk did not seem to add them anywhere.

Whats wrong?

Regards,

Patrick

I might be guessing at this one but I believe that Plesk replaces the standard Apache suexec with one of tieir own. This could cause some problems like you are describing.

We wanted ot install awstats server wide (so all domains could go to www.theirdomain.com/awstats) but after the install because of the way Plesk runs the suexec I am forced to make all domains go to root ip address of box/awstats.

Hi,

there seemed to be a problem with Plesk 7.5.0, with not properly activating suexec, this was definitely fixed in Plesk 7.5.1 ...

Regarding usage of suexec, I think there is no special way Plesk uses suexec other than it is supposed to be used. When using suexec, scripts are run using User/Group other than Apache's default, this does however produce conflicts with server-wide CGI installations, but adds so much more security that I would never question to use suexec at all ...

Regards.

Pink

Back