• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Suggestion: Multiple Backup Schedules

Will-NYESDigital

Regular Pleskian
A quick suggestion that I believe would improve the Plesk Panel product. It would be really useful for my company if we were able to set up multiple backups schedules within Plesk Panel. If we could also set up multiple FTP repositories to use in conjunction with multiple schedules that would be even better.

To provide some context we use Plesk to host websites for schools, and we take care of all the backing up for them. At the moment we have a daily backup of the whole server that goes to our FTP repository. Originally we were also setting up a local backup for each client. However as we have over 300 clients across 3 servers, setting all these up (especially after migrations which lose the local backup settings) is time consuming. Also we are finding that on one server all the local client backup jobs are queueing up and delaying the main backup. Therefore we are switching to manually running a local backup of the whole server every day to provide the "on-server" client backups ready for a quick recovery if needed.

It would be ideal if we could:
Schedule a complete backup of the server every day that will be stored locally on the server (retain 3 of these)
Schedule a complete backup of the server every night to our first FTP repository (keep 14 of these)
Schedule a complete backup of the server every weekend to our second archive FTP repository (giving ability to go back several months if needed)

Just a suggestion, but it would be really useful to us. Thanks

Has anyone bother to answer to you? HAve you found how to do it outside Plesk? Because I am looking for a similar solution too.

Has anyone bother to answer to you? HAve you found how to do it outside Plesk? Because I am looking for a similar solution too.

Hey, no we have had no answer. We have implemented a solution using the backup command line as below, if you look in the plesk help document there is a brief guide to this. We have used the scheduled task tool in Plesk Tools and Settings to run these backup commands as root at varying times. The only thing we couldnt figure out was how to set the maximum amount of backups so we do this manually. Hope this helps !

pleskbackup <command> [<arguments>] [<options>]

Help File : /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup help

Backs up whole Plesk : /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup server

To backup panel config without log files : pleskbackup server -c --skip-logs

Back