• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Suggestion Regarding Ads and Promotional Stuff

D

deeplist

I have a suggestion. Get rid of the ads and promotional stuff that is displayed from within our panels. I know this has been asked for all of the last major releases for a while by us customers now. If we are paying to use a software from you guys, why are you continuing to show ads for other products? Why do we have to display ads trying to get people to buy from your third party affiliates. It's just not right!

I don't want to tell me clients, "Just ignore the ads in the control panel." or "Just click 'do not show again' and it will be gone." We shouldn't HAVE to! We're paying for this control panel. If this was a free control panel, I would probably understand the logic, but it's not!

http://kb.odin.com/en/10023

For example, if you do not want to see our advertisements on default domain page you can download default skeleton, remove advertisements, install it back with skeleton CLI utility and use it for new domains.

I have already done this numerous times. With each update my files are overwritten with the default ones again.

Aside from that, I am talking about the ads from WITHIN the control panel. For example, the ads for Norton AntiVirus from within the "apps" section in the control panel. Why must we display these to our customers?

Hello deeplist,

I guess you may want to look at our "Provider’s Guide to Customizing Panel 10" which explain how you could remove them or replace with your own ones. None of those customizations should be reverted as a result of upgrade, we don't overwrite them.

Tell us if there is something else to remove, we will definitely consider it.

Regards

What about the, "Try out these recommended apps that will make administering your server even easier" box that is visible in the administrators control panel?

MagicSpam - Remove spam and junk mail before it gets in your inbox.
XandMailWeb2cs - Web-based Communication Portal offering WebMail, Address Book, Calendar and Online File Storage

Please view the attached screenshot and then point out to me where such a "hide" button exists. Because I am not locating it.

Attachments

• plesk03152011.jpg
    plesk03152011.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 6
I can guess you don't have autoupdate enabled in your Plesk. If you had them enabled, the screenshot should have been a little different:
4mZB.png

Look at a small "x" in top right corner. Once clicked, you never see the block again.

The fix is available since 04 Feb. Probably you'll find even more interesting fixes there. So I would recommend to upgrade to the latest version. Hope that helps.

Regards

Back