• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Support for old OS

J

judouk

Redhat -> Fedora Upgrade?

Hi

I currently have a Plesk 7.5.4 installation that is running fine.
However, i've just read the notification that support for Redhat 9 (my current OS) will be terminated at the end of this year.

OK; I'll do an upgrade of the underlying OS then:- thats not a problem. I've done this many times before without difficulty.
However, I've never done this on a box that is running Plesk.

I started to do the upgrade process and immediately was hit with a potential problem.

I clicked on the 'updater' icon and was presented with "Error: You are using FedoraCore Linux 1, but autoinstaller was compiled for RedHat Linux 9. Exiting autoinstaller".

Correct....however, if I continue with the upgrade, am I going to lock myself out of Plesk?

Can anyone offer advice here. I certainly dont want to have a non-functional box but at the same time, I dont want to lose my potential updates.

Thanks
Mark

Well, after getting no response here, I decided to bite the bullet and try it...

...and.....

DONT DO IT.
What a nightmare.
Trust me, things just break for weird reasons. Even excluding the recommended packages, it just doesnt work.

I'm now going to buy a brand new installation (built on FC4) and migrate everything over from this old box and use the new installation.

Back