• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Supportability of older OS and Plesk versions

U

unix149

Greetings,

I've just inherited several Plesk machines: 7.5.4 on FreeBSD 5.3, 8.4.0 on CentOS 4.2, and 8.6.0 on CentOS 5.3.

Firstly, I need to find the end-of-life status of these versions of Plesk, along with the greatest free upgrade path I can pursue for each version (service packs, minor upgrades, etc.). My first goal is to get the installations as up-to-date as I can before spending money on major upgrades.

Second, can I upgrade the operating systems to their latest minor revision and still be supported (such as to FreeBSD 5.5 and CentOS 5.5 and 4.9)? In particular, FreeBSD 5.x was EOLed long ago, so I'd love to be able to upgrade the OS to 7.x or even 8.x, not only for continued security patches, but also newer features (such as ZFS). Is this supported? If not, is anyone running on newer versions anyway and using FreeBSD's backward-compatibility feature to do so?

Thanks.

PS -- Does anyone know what FreeBSD version Plesk v10 will be supporting later this year?

PPS -- Is there a product to centrally manage multiple Plesk installations and migrate accounts/domains between servers?

Back