1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Suse 9.1 ,ClamAV and spamassasin

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by herby111, Dec 11, 2004.

1. herby111

herby111 Guest

Hi!

I just got a server with suse 9.1 and Plesk 7.5
    Now I want to scan mails for spam (with spamassasin) and virus (clamAV).
    I found a lot of documentation how to install it on Plesk and Redhat.
    How do I install it on Suse? Do I get a lot of trouble if I install it from the sources (as far as I know I have to patch qmail to do that task) or are there any RPMs for Suse like there are for Redhat (form ART)?

thanks a lot

herby

2. kay1981

kay1981 Guest

hi herby,

I have the same problem than you. Do you already have a solution?

greeting

kay

3. beam

beam Guest

I got it working

Hi

I had the same Problem and only found the Installationguide from Hostbird for Redhat.

I took this as base and tried a little bit on my own and got it working on my SuSE9.1+ Plesk 7.5.2 (default 1und1-Setup)
    I tried to install it a second time on a friends rootserver too. This time I wrote down all the steps. In the next two days I will put it on my website. But I wanted to inform you in advance.

Ciao
    Beam

4. beam

beam Guest

5. kay1981

kay1981 Guest

thx for that script. :)
    I'll try it soon.

6. Blackbit

Blackbit Guest

ClamAV on Plesk 7.5.2/Suse

Tried that script. Absolutely brilliant. Works! I just changed the version to 0.83: clamav-0.83-1.1.i586.rpm and clamav-db-0.83-1.1.i586.rpm

7. beam

beam Guest

Re: ClamAV on Plesk 7.5.2/Suse

I just updated my guide to ClamAV 0.83.