• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Suse 9.1 ,ClamAV and spamassasin

H

herby111

Hi!

I just got a server with suse 9.1 and Plesk 7.5
Now I want to scan mails for spam (with spamassasin) and virus (clamAV).
I found a lot of documentation how to install it on Plesk and Redhat.
How do I install it on Suse? Do I get a lot of trouble if I install it from the sources (as far as I know I have to patch qmail to do that task) or are there any RPMs for Suse like there are for Redhat (form ART)?

thanks a lot

herby

hi herby,

I have the same problem than you. Do you already have a solution?

greeting

kay

I got it working

Hi

I had the same Problem and only found the Installationguide from Hostbird for Redhat.

I took this as base and tried a little bit on my own and got it working on my SuSE9.1+ Plesk 7.5.2 (default 1und1-Setup)
I tried to install it a second time on a friends rootserver too. This time I wrote down all the steps. In the next two days I will put it on my website. But I wanted to inform you in advance.

Ciao
Beam

ClamAV on Plesk 7.5.2/Suse

Tried that script. Absolutely brilliant. Works! I just changed the version to 0.83: clamav-0.83-1.1.i586.rpm and clamav-db-0.83-1.1.i586.rpm

Re: ClamAV on Plesk 7.5.2/Suse

Originally posted by Blackbit
I just changed the version to 0.83: clamav-0.83-1.1.i586.rpm and clamav-db-0.83-1.1.i586.rpm

I just updated my guide to ClamAV 0.83.

Back