• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

sw-soft is stumped and me too!

M

modom

I thought I would post this since sw-soft cannot figure it out and there is nothing in the logs.

My server runs fine using CentOS 3.4 with plesk reloaded but periodically spamassassin just shuts itself off. No one is in the server when this happens and nothing has been installed. There's no specific time. This last time it happened during the night so in the morning there was all this spam.

Sw-soft suggested reinstalling spamassassin which we did but then it turned itself off again just the other day.

If anyone has any ideas why spamassassin is turning itself off please let me know.

Thanks!

What does spamassassin say in the logs when it dies? There should be something in your "messages" file and/or your maillog file.

yes, thats right.

.qmail file should contain some information to pipe the mails to spamassasin

Check if its there.

Just want to clarify....

When you say 'turns itself off', do you mean just in the CP? Or is the daemon not running in memory at that point as well?

Hi,

It shows off in the CP and the daemon is not running so all the junk mail comes in.

I've been browsing the 'bugzilla' for Spamassassin, they've got their hands full!

Ever since v3.0 they have been having some issues with the use of a module 'Storable' by spamd. In some reported cases, it may be related to use of SMP versions of Linux (multiple CPUs).

In other cases, there were problems related to too many FD's (file descriptors) in use, exceeding the limit configured on the OS.

And I recall some of their posts saying that DNS related issues could also cause spamd to hang or crash.

I know it's not anything definite, but just some additional things to check on.

Back