• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue System notifications going to old Administrator email

robetus

Basic Pleskian
I installed Plesk originally with one Administrator email and then I changed that email in the Administrator settings but the system notifications (eg. "High 5 minute load average alert - 10.82") are still going to the old email. Is there somewhere else I need to change the old Administrator email? The Administrator Profile in Plesk very clearly shows the new email and not the old one.

I think you are using the advanced monitoring extension in plesk?
If yes please check Tools & Settings → Plesk → Notifications → "Email" tab and check the settings there.

Kind regards,

I checked there too, please see attached. No email addresses set. Default should be admin email.

Attachments

• no-email-set.png
    no-email-set.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 5
Hello,
I reproduced your szenario on my system. My nothifications where send to the new adress after performing the following steps:
1.PNG
1. On the right side at the top bar click on the bell

2.PNG
2. Check if the nothifications for the administrator are enabled
3.PNG
3. If yes check the mail-adress which is specified in your profile
4.PNG
4. If there is the old-adress, change this to the new

Kind regards,

As stated inside the Administrator Profile it shows the new correct email address. This is not the issue.

hmm, ... could you please check the output of this:
Code:
plesk db "select login,aemail from admin_aliases";

and check if this show the right adress?

Sorry I'm not versed enough, I go into the SSH terminal as root but when I run the command it does not display anything.

Good Morning,
the output should look like this:

Bash:
srv1:~$ plesk db "select login,aemail from admin_aliases";
+-------------+------------------+
| login       | aemail           |
| secondadmin | [email protected]   |

Please try to run this query:
Bash:
plesk db "select * from admin_aliases";

This should display every information about your admin user.

Looks like that the db has no entrys for this table... this should not be the case ...

Try to run plesk repair utility to fix possible error's in the database:
Bash:
plesk repair db -v

No, it's not possible to use the plesk repair utility in the gui. Even you can't use the plesk db in gui with phpmyadmiun for example.

No, it's not possible to use the plesk repair utility in the gui. Even you can't use the plesk db in gui with phpmyadmiun for example.
Thats not entirely true. If you have the Repair Kit Extension installed (which I believe is installed by default) you can run the Plesk repairs from the GUI. Go to Tools & Settings > Diagnose & Repair.

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-10 om 11.18.49.png

Thank you for that Rasp, 12 issues found and 12 issues corrected. I'll write back in a few days if I stop receiving the error.

I am getting another error message from Plesk which is slightly related and has been documented.

Could not secure domains of Admin (login admin) with Let`s Encrypt certificates. Please log in to Plesk and secure the domains listed below manually.
Securing of the following domains has failed:

<none>

The following domains have been secured without some of their Subject Alternative Names:

<none>

Could not renew Let`s Encrypt certificates for Admin (login admin). Please log in to Plesk and renew the certificates listed below manually.
Renewal of the following Let`s Encrypt certificates has failed:

Even though all of Plesk has been secured with Let's Encrypt and is functioning normally. Any idea what this could be?

Try the following:
  1. Navigate to the domain which has this problem
  2. Go to "Additional Apache & Nginx-Settings"
  3. Paste the following to "Additional Nginx-Settings"
Code:
location ^~ /.well-known/acme-challenge/ {
    default_type “text/plain”;
}

Apply the changes, after this the problem should be sloved. Try to secure the domain again.

The domain shows <none> but Plesk is secured using one of the domains in Plesk (eg. plesk.mydomain.com) should i do this for mydomain.com?

If I understand, this sub-domain is just for login? Then run it for the main-domain.

That's the thing, all certificates on the main domain including a wildcard are secured and normal with all green checks. There's nothing I can find in Plesk that shows the domain or subdomain for login is not secured.

Back