• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

System time problem after upgrade to 12

Pan_Duke

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
after finishing the upgrade from 11.5 to 12.0.18 i checked the system time which was wrong and no timezone was selected
So i switched to my timezone (GMT +3) and corrected the clock from the above settings cause it was 5 minutes behind
saved
since then the time is showing 1 hour later the selected one. like GMT+4.
no matter if i change it manually it returns there.
that was problem one

in order for the server to work correctly i changed the timezone to GMT+2. OK the time is corrected - although wrong cause it should be 1 hour earlier, but anyways
Now all incoming email messages still show one hour late as received date

so i tried restarting courier-imap

# service courier-imap restart
courier-imap: unrecognized service

any ideas?

update
after restarting whatever service i could think of (psa, xinetd ) i finally managed to make changes permanent.
so now the system time in plesk it displays the correct hour for "Europe/Rome"(GMT +2), which is one hour early than mine... but the recieved emails are displaying the correct one (GMT +3)...!!!!
what on earth is happening ?? does courrier-imap has it own time??

*by the way, a workaround:
when you get
# service courier-imap restart
courier-imap: unrecognized service
try
# /etc/init.d/courier-imapd restart
# /etc/init.d/courier-pop3d restart

Hi Pan_Duke,

you could try to restart ALL services ( or just reboot your server, because I think this is much quicker ), because some of the services are dependent on others. If this doesn't help, you could try to set your local settings directly over the terminal, with the command:

Ubuntu/Debian:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

CentOS/SuSe/Redhat ( I hope this is right, because I don't use these systems... ^^ ):
tzselect
or
system-config-date

Thanks for the answer,
after playing a bit with the server here is what i found out. it seems like a bug
- When changing the time zone from Tools&Settings>system time, everything works fine and changes respectively.
- when i change manually the menutes (because my server's clock is 8 minutes late....) from the form above timezone dropdown, then the thing get crazy. server time changes to one hour late so i need to change to a GMT +2 in order to have GMT+3 displayed on the incoming emails...
i have restarted everything i could (i still don't know how to restart all services) and nothing changes. only a server restart resolves the problem but then again i get my 8 minutes latency....
what can that be? what should i check?

You have the choice to update your system time and date ( according to your settings ), with the option to synch it with international time servers like time-a.nist.gov ( time-b.nist.gov - or please choose a random timeserver with pool.ntp.org ). To do this, please configure "/etc/ntp.conf" ( if the path is not correct on YOUR system, please look for this config with "locate ntp.conf" ) and trigger once "sudo ntpd -q -g -x -n" after you edited the minimal configuration.

The command "sudo ntpdate -u time-a.nist.gov" or "sudo ntpdate -u YOUR.DESRIED.NTPD-SERVER-FROM-THE-LIST.com" might work as well, but is deprecated. A list of timeserver can be found at: http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/

Back