• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved System Update issue - pum with arguments, missing release

dowswell

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04 x64
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.38 Update #3
Hello all

I received an error email this morning, and I've been trying to dig through these forums for a solution ever since with no luck. I'm quite new to both linux and plex, so I anticipate I'm just not familiar with the nuances.

Reason: 2022-07-14 06:25:58 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json']
2022-07-14 06:25:59 ERROR: E:The repository 'http://autoinstall.plesk.com/pool/PSA_18.0.38_7167 focal Release' no longer has a Release file.
2022-07-14 06:25:59 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

I understand that I probably need to repair a reference to this release file somewhere, then conduct an apt update, but i'm not sure how to do that properly. none of the similar examples I've found seem to match what I have on my servers.

Can someone point me in the right direction? TIA

Hello,

Your Plesk version (18.0.38) is very old, and removed from download server. You should update your Plesk installation to latest version (18.0.45 at the time of writing)

Thanks,

If you know how to use the command line, you can do the following as root:

# plesk installer upgrade plesk 18.0.45

I have run this but received the following notification:

ERROR: Selector '18.0.45' does not match any product ID, release ID, release tier, or release version. Use either 'list' or 'list-all' command to list known entities.

when i tried to run 'list' it showed:

ERROR: There are no suitable product versions.

Could you please provide the output of this command:

# grep SOURCE /root/.autoinstallerrc

Thanks.

That appears to have done the trick -- thanks so much for your help!

If you have time, can you help me understand the specifics of what went on here so that I can better learn from this experience?
From what I understand, the outdated updater didn't have the current path to the plesk release location. And the fix was to update the updater with the appropriate path. Is this correct?

Not sure how this could happen, but the installer pointed to the archive of the Plesk source files, which doesn't contain the latest Plesk version.
If you open the link in your browser, you'll see the individual files and RPMs.

Back