• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue System Update Settings: Disparity between Plesk 12 and Onyx

Mike2017

New Pleskian
Hello,

I recently migrated from VPS running Plesk 12.0.18 to another VPS running Plesk Onyx. During the interim period, I decided to keep both VPSs, so I can compare the behaviour and rollback if there are some issues.

One thing I noticed is the disparity in processing system updates. For example, today I received email messages from old and new VPS regarding the same package:
From old VPS (here package was installed):
Package installation log:
(Reading database ... 133074 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack .../linux-libc-dev_3.13.0-117.164_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking linux-libc-dev:amd64 (3.13.0-117.164) over (3.13.0-116.163) ...
Setting up linux-libc-dev:amd64 (3.13.0-117.164) ...

From new VPS (here package was not installed):
The following package updates are available:
- linux-libc-dev 3.13.0-117.164 from Ubuntu for trusty-updates by Ubuntu repo (currently installed version: 3.13.0-116.163 from now repo)

Both VPSs have identical(?) settings re automatic updates, see Plesk 12 VPS settings here and Plesk 17 VPS settings here.

Why is this disparity, one VPS was updated and another not (I received update availability notification instead)?
Is this an intended behaviour or a software bug?
Thanks,

Mike

Back