• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

temporary backup files taking up space

A

AlisonM

I had scheduled backups set up to go to a remote FTP repository -- recently I discovered that every time a backup was created, even though it was sent to this remote repository, the temporary backup file in var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp/ stuck around forever, using up my disk space in a big way. (I realize I'm not the first person to encounter this -- I used the forums here (and elsewhere) to figure out what in the world was going on in the first place -- so thanks to everybody for that!)

I know that I can delete the contents of this directory, but it seems like they shouldn't all be hanging around like that – is there anything I can do to ensure that these temporary backup files are cleared out every time, or at least on a regular basis?

...Follow-up: would it make a difference...
(a) if I limit the number of limit the number of backup files to be stored in a repository; or,
(b) if I store the backup files in the local repository instead of the remote one; or,
(c) if I enable the "create multivolume backup" option?

Thank you!

Back