• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Temporary domain plesk.page

GermanMazza

New Pleskian
A few days ago I was about to add a domain and I've found a temporary domain option in my plesk panel.
I've set a new domain like thirsty-year.xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.plesk.page
Today I was looking for the same option and I couldn't find it.
Where is it? how can I activate it to develope websites without domain?

Hi @GermanMazza, this is was an experimental feature which was disabled for now. We would like to improve in a visual way and enable by default in Plesk.
Meanwhile, you can enable it manually by adding the following option in the panel.ini configuration file:

[techDomain]
subdomain.enabled = true

I would appreciate if you provide feedback:
- do you find this feature useful?
- for what scenario/s you are using (will use) temporary domains by Plesk?
- is there anything would you like to improve regarding this feature?

Last edited:
It's probably good for endusers, but providers will probably keep it deactivated as they don't want their customers to operate domain names with other providers, even if it is a free Plesk subdomain. They'd rather expect a solution where instead of the Plesk subdomain they could provide their own.

I find this feature very useful! My company works developing websites and this is by far better than using the plesk preview feature. Many sites don't have domain as they are a prototype.
Maybe I would add the option to use our own subdomain

As long as the feature is not customizable, this is terrible. Routing the customer to a *.plesk.page raises concerns about GDPR. We disabled it immediately.

As long as the feature is not customizable, this is terrible. Routing the customer to a *.plesk.page raises concerns about GDPR. We disabled it immediately.
While this could be a concern in Europe, GDRP does not apply in south america. So we can keep up using this feature.

Back