• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Temporary FTPS access.

WhiteTiger

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.52 Update #3
I need to give an external user FTP access to a domain for temporary maintenance.
So, I created the user in the domain, but I wish FTPS was used and not FTP.
Also I would like to suspend the user when the job is done without having to remove him, so that I can eventually reactivate him later.
What ports are used? Can I change them?
Because I have to enable them on my ISP's firewall.
Thanks in advance.

In Tools & Settings > Security Policy you can set the FTPS usage policy to force the usage of FTPS (this applies to all users connecting via FTP).

When using an Explicit FTPS connection port 21 is used (similar as FTP). Port 990 if an Implicit connection is used. I am not sure how to change these default ports.

You can "deactivate" a user to suspend access.

Last edited:
In Tools & Settings > Security Policy you can set the FTPS usage policy to force the usage of FTPS (this applies to all users connecting via FTP).
I already tried this morning.
with "Allow only secure FTPS connections", the FTP connection does not start and the error appears in Filezilla
550 SSL/TLS required on the control channel.

You can "deactivate" a user to suspend access.
in Domain/FTP Account I don't see any option to deactivate only one user.

I already tried this morning with "Allow only secure FTPS connections", the FTP connection does not start and the error appears in Filezilla
550 SSL/TLS required on the control channel.
What are you using as host to connect to? The domain name of the subscription?

in Domain/FTP Account I don't see any option to deactivate only one user.
My mistake, I got confused with additional subscription users. There is no option to suspend or deactivate FTP users. As a workaround you change the password of the FTP account to suspend access for the user.

What happens if you renew the re-issue the SSL certificates for the hostname of your Plesk server (Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates, click the Let's Encrypt button) and then try to connect again using the host name of your server instead of the IP address?

Back