• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved test a website on plesk without change dns

alli81

New Pleskian
Hi all
i'm testing plesk and i installed it on a cloud server.
I add a website and i want run it but i don't want change dns

If i run my ip address it show page alert me plesk is installed

How i can run a website on plesk and not change dns?

Thank you
Roberto

hi @UFHH01
thank you for your reply.
ok i solved this problem, now is working (before not work the preview).

Now i have another problem:
I had to update php from 5.4 to 5.6 and now when i run my website i receive: "503 bad gateway".
How is possible?
Thank you

Hi alli81,

pls. don't mix one thread with several issues/problems/questions, as it is confusing and frustrating for other users, if they search with search engines for solutions/suggestions and the found thread contains loads of non - related things. ;)

ok no problem.
another question about preview

Now if i run preview i see the plesk page, but if i need to see file in another directory i do not why but i redirect to my original website where i installed wordpress with undercostruction plugin.

For example:
I run preview on 123.456.789 and it open www.mysite.it
On www.mysite.it i have a wordpress installation....
How is possible it?

Thank you

Hi alli81,

pls. make sure to delete/rename/move the standart "index.html" at your documentroot of your (sub)domain, as the standart setting is to serve index files with this order:
Code:
index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php index.xhtml index.htm index.shtml

Pls. check it at:

=> HOME > Subscription > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > Apache & nginx Settings > (option) Index files

I've never found the preview function to be satisfactory. (That goes for other panels, not just Plesk). For testing I think it's better to edit the hosts file on my PC.

Back