• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

The backup was not created. Close this message

ValentinoG

New Pleskian
Hi

it's been already a week that backups keep failing on a Plesk server, 17.8.11 Update #48.

Scheduled and manual backups from the Plesk interface give the error The backup ...date was not created. Close this message

The funny thing is that manual backups with the CLI do work.

Do you have any advise?

Thanks in advance

Hi, is there an error message on Plesk ?
try to delete the backup folder under /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/ and re check !!

I don't know who marked this as solved. It is not. Plesk shows no errors by the way. This is why I opened the thread.

To add more context. When the backup fails backup.log is empty while pmmcli.log shows:

Code:
[2019-04-02 10:17:28.129|9162] DEBUG: <pmmcli.MakeDumpAction object at 0x7fb13c60eb90>: response
[2019-04-02 10:17:28.130|9162] INFO: Outgoing packet:
<?xml version="1.0" ?><response>
    <errcode>0</errcode>
    <data>
        <task-id>538</task-id>
    </data>
</response>

Hi,
we have the exact same problem. I tried everything I could think of.
The problem started after we upgraded our server from Debian 8 to Debian 9. Plesk version 17.8.11 #48. To do the upgrade we followed the instructions given in the Plesk docs.
Right after the upgrade we had problems with the backup.
First we had to disable FTPS to get a connection to our backup storage again. Although FTPS works if we test it with the given curl command.
As I found out this is a known bug that was fixed in plesk long ago. Now it reappeared?

When we start the backup process everything runs fine till the very end. I can see the new backupfile on the ftp appearing. It gets filled with all the data. When the process finishes up the file gets deleted and the process in Plesk just says "The Backup ... was not created".
The backup-log does not show any errors. Just a lot of INFO and DEBUG Messages.

Any ideas?

Back