• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved The component perl is not installed on the destination server.

destan40

Basic Pleskian
While migrating from cpanel to plesk, some user migration shows this error:
----
The component perl is not installed on the destination server. It will be unavailable for the following domains"
Install that component on the destination server or make sure that none of these domains actually need the component.
----
How can i fix this? On cpanel perl and modules are installed and these users dont use perl execution or somethin...

Hi

As error say, if that domains not use perl you can continue migration, and you not need install it,

If some domain use perl you need know what modules you need and install it, but if no domain use perl you can continue witout problems.

This is a non-answer.

I want to install the Bundle DadaMail (it's separated by a colon but that converts to a symbol here) for the DadaMail mailing list manager, but I cannot find a command line sequence that'll do it.

The one I located, perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle: DadaMail', doesn't work in a Plesk Obsedian installation, latest build.

So what works?

The command cited above does not work.

What I get when I try to run the installer/updater for DadaMail is this:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;

use 5.10.1;

use FindBin;
use lib "$FindBin::Bin/../";
use lib "$FindBin::Bin/../DADA/perllib";
use lib "$FindBin::Bin/lib";
BEGIN {
my $b__dir = ( getpwuid($>) )[7] . '/perl';
push @INC, $b__dir . '5/lib/perl5',
$b__dir . '5/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi', $b__dir . 'lib',
map { $b__dir . $_ } @INC;
}

#use Carp qw(croak carp);
#use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

# -T flag stuff.
$ENV{PATH} = "/bin:/usr/bin";
delete @ENV{ 'IFS', 'CDPATH', 'ENV', 'BASH_ENV' };

use DadaMailInstaller;
my $installer = new DadaMailInstaller();
$installer->run();

So it is clearly missing stuff.

The installer command Bundle: DadaMail (without the space after colon) is supposed to deliver all the components the script needs, but of course I cannot find the syntax to make it work.

FYI: Using a Plesk Obsidian install with CentOS 8.3.

Peace,
Gene

It's not being run. It's just returning the contents of the file. How are you running it? via Apache?

Apache needs to be configured to use Perl to handle .pl files. You need to have the Perl component installed in Plesk, and mod perl via apache

Response:

usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller: option '--install' is ambiguous; possibilities: '--installation-type' '--install-component' '--install-everything' '--install-system-only'

ERROR: An unknown option was specified. Run Plesk Installer with the --help-options option to see options available in the option-based interface you are using.

exit status 1

Back