• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

The continued Problem with language file !!

sid61

Basic Pleskian
Hi @ all
i have now a licence for Plesk8.2 and install it under debian4.

by this - i can not make a choice on basic install (autoinstall) for the right language file.

After install it comes with english language. Now i have a licence for one language Pack.

But why to hell i cant make a choice, which language i will use. So - a demo and a licence with language file has the same options.

The english language can not be change to german language. But this is stupid, because - when i have a licence then i must have the choise to use one of my favorite language.

My question to you or first to swsoft too is....

how can i change the language english to language german. I want to use german instead english.

It will not work to change it in Plesk Panel. So i think, when SWSOFT think, it gives only English by Basic Install, then they should give an language Pack with 2 language in Basics - otherwise nobody can change the language with a "one language supprt Pack"

For all others...

i was very happy for every assist or help about this problem.

thanks
sid

Since i have a licence with 2 languages this may be a stupid question:

Can you install the second language, or does this already give you a deny error?

Wonder if you can replace the english language file with the german file on file basis ...

little Hack to change default language in Plesk

I had the very same problem after installing my 1st Plesk System.

I asked the Support for a Solution and they sent me a temporary Key with unlimited language Packs available.
So it was easyly to change to the preferred language and then disabling the standard language "english".

After that i installed the final key for Plesk and the language Limit was set to 1 and only german (in my case) was available.

But now to the little Hack, when you don't have a temporary key ;)

I had a little closer look at the psa DB to find out, where the config for the users and language was stored...

have a look ath the "misc" table. You will find a param called "admin_locale" with default value "en-US" and another param called "def_locale" with value "en-US".

Just use the integrated phpMyAdmin in Plesk to change the value to the preferred language, for example "de-DE"

You will find it in Server->Database Servers->Local MySQL->Databases->DB Webadmin

Select the psa DB :D

I have the same problem as Sid61..Plesk 8.2
Support does not want to send me temporary key, and there is no param called "admin_locale" and "def_locale" in PS db...(((

inside the psa database you will find a number of places you can change the locale..
Simply use mysqladmin to search the database for en-US and replace with what you want.
In the table "Parameters" there is s:locale=en-US

In the table locales there is
en-US = true

In the table misc there is
admin_locale = en-US
def_locale = en-US

You shouldn't really need to touch any of there others in "clients" "dom_param" "log_components" "mn_param" or any of the modules.

Back