• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

The continued Problem with language file !!

sid61

Basic Pleskian
Hi @ all
i have now a licence for Plesk8.2 and install it under debian4.

by this - i can not make a choice on basic install (autoinstall) for the right language file.

After install it comes with english language. Now i have a licence for one language Pack.

But why to hell i cant make a choice, which language i will use. So - a demo and a licence with language file has the same options.

The english language can not be change to german language. But this is stupid, because - when i have a licence then i must have the choise to use one of my favorite language.

My question to you or first to swsoft too is....

how can i change the language english to language german. I want to use german instead english.

It will not work to change it in Plesk Panel. So i think, when SWSOFT think, it gives only English by Basic Install, then they should give an language Pack with 2 language in Basics - otherwise nobody can change the language with a "one language supprt Pack"

For all others...

i was very happy for every assist or help about this problem.

thanks
sid

Since i have a licence with 2 languages this may be a stupid question:

Can you install the second language, or does this already give you a deny error?

Wonder if you can replace the english language file with the german file on file basis ...

little Hack to change default language in Plesk

I had the very same problem after installing my 1st Plesk System.

I asked the Support for a Solution and they sent me a temporary Key with unlimited language Packs available.
So it was easyly to change to the preferred language and then disabling the standard language "english".

After that i installed the final key for Plesk and the language Limit was set to 1 and only german (in my case) was available.

But now to the little Hack, when you don't have a temporary key ;)

I had a little closer look at the psa DB to find out, where the config for the users and language was stored...

have a look ath the "misc" table. You will find a param called "admin_locale" with default value "en-US" and another param called "def_locale" with value "en-US".

Just use the integrated phpMyAdmin in Plesk to change the value to the preferred language, for example "de-DE"

You will find it in Server->Database Servers->Local MySQL->Databases->DB Webadmin

Select the psa DB :D

I have the same problem as Sid61..Plesk 8.2
Support does not want to send me temporary key, and there is no param called "admin_locale" and "def_locale" in PS db...(((

inside the psa database you will find a number of places you can change the locale..
Simply use mysqladmin to search the database for en-US and replace with what you want.
In the table "Parameters" there is s:locale=en-US

In the table locales there is
en-US = true

In the table misc there is
admin_locale = en-US
def_locale = en-US

You shouldn't really need to touch any of there others in "clients" "dom_param" "log_components" "mn_param" or any of the modules.

Back