• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

The following settings conflict with the policy: PHP version

burnley

Regular Pleskian
We have a Plesk 12.5 server with several custom php handlers loaded and registered in Plesk but when customer or admin go to select anything other than the one "Shipped by OS vendor" they get an error about PHP Version. Can anyone point me in the right direction as i can't seem to find a solution.

This is the message;
"There are settings that conflict with the server-wide security policy. Are you sure you want to continue?
If you really want to override the security policy and apply the conflicting settings, click Yes. Otherwise, click No, and then click the link 'apply secure setting preset' to bring the settings in accordance with the server-wide security policy. The following settings conflict with the policy
PHP version"

There are no errors in panel.ini and the subscription has the permission enabled for "PHP version and handler management"

site isolation settings are below, I can't find anything on a variable for PHP Version in site isolation;

[hosting]
php = any
; php_handler_type = fastcgi
python = off
perl = off
fastcgi = any
miva = off
ssi = any
ssl = any
; shell = off
shell = /usr/local/psa/bin/chrootsh
asp = any
php_safe_mode = any
coldfusion = off
ssh = off

What am i missing?

I've the same behaviour. It's due to the plan option "Setup of potentially insecure web scripting options that override provider's policy". If you do not enable it you cannot select another PHP version or handler. I do believe that's wrong but that's the Plesk setup at the moment.

Thanks Oto, I should have guessed, its a very poorly written option in my view. I mean I don't want to allow customers to override the server policy but Plesk gives no option to set the server policy for PHP Version. Logically you'd expect there to be some option to set this in site isolation settings, right? Now is this a BUG or feature request?

Back