• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

the "from" field when viewing log files doesn't work

larryk

Regular Pleskian
TITLE:
the "from" field when viewing log files doesn't work
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
‪CentOS Linux 7.2.1511 (Core)‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.0.17 Update #18, last updated on Mar 7, 2017 03:24 AM
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
when view log files (either a single one or ALL of them)...
I can't goto a specific time period
or the 'from' timestamp field does nothing.

also, if you click the "load previous" button... it eventually just stops?
it doesn't keep loading older enteries.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
go and view log files and try to view "yesterday" log entries.
it doesn't work or do anything.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
nothing happens when using date​
EXPECTED RESULT:
you should be able to view a time period of old log entries​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
i love this feature, but it seems its ONLY good for looking/searching for 'current' entries... you can't find or back track into older entries.
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Thank you for report. I have forwarded it to developers for the further investigation.

I suppose that you want to view logs not "from yesterday" but "only yesterday". Right?
As for me field "from" works as expected: it shows entries from specified date.
In this case, it looks as the feature request for Plesk UserVoice but not the bug.

In 2023, my experience is the same as @larryk on Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49 Update #2 on CentOS Linux 7.9.2009.

My expectation with this feature was that it would actually load the log entries from the specified time period. It does not, it only filters what is already loaded into view (like how the other adjacent fields do). That means, on a very busy website, you must continually click 'Load previous entries' until the desired time period is in view*, by which point it renders the From date time picker to be fairly useless. Very frustrating from a user experience point of view because visually the date picker promises so much :p.

*This is actually normal for the websites I run. The preloaded logs are perhaps at most only from the last couple of hours - to view yesterday's logs requires a lot of clicking Load previous entries, scroll to the top, Load previous entries, scroll to the top, etc.. I have not had the patience of @larryk to get to the point where it's no longer possible to Load previous entries. I suppose in a test environment, you might be seeing preloaded logs going back months due to less frequent activity, where the From date time picker is fun to use.

Back