• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue The ModSecurity rule set could not be updated: Due to license restrictions, the Security Core Features (ModSecurity and Fail2Ban) are not available.

Z0mbiel0ne

New Pleskian
Hey, after updating my license I get the following error:

"The ModSecurity rule set could not be updated: Due to license restrictions, the Security Core Features (ModSecurity and Fail2Ban) are not available."
Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-15 um 14.46.49.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-11-15 um 14.40.36.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-11-15 um 14.44.15.png

How can I fix this?

Greetings

I still don't get it. The screenshot shows that you are using the free Comodo basic rule set. No specific license is needed for that. Did you previously select the Atomic Advanced set or did you install an extension? Which type of icense key was entered where exactly? A Plesk license key? A license key from the manufacturer of an extension? A Comodo or Atomic license key?

I used all time Comodo and never changed that. When i logged in into Plesk I was asked to enter the Plesk license key again. After that i get this message Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-15 um 15.51.28.png
On "Details" it said the above Messages

O.k., I see. Was that today? This error happens frequently, but it is normally not linked to any license issue. It is more an issue with the Comodo update servers not being accessible when your server tries to contact them to download the latest rule set. That is probably caused by maintenance or overload. Normally this message disappears a day later. It only needs to be investigated further, if the message persists over several days.

This message might have triggered you to re-enter a license key. And that license key you entered might not be the correct one that you previously had. On the license key page you see a list of all the features that the key supports. If you have entered the correct key that includes this security feature, the second from last position in the list "Security Core (ModSecurity and Fail2Ban)" is "On". If this is not "On", your license does not support that feature. In that case, verify that you have actually used the correct license key. Normally it is not necessary to manually re-enter a license key. Once set, a license is updated monthly automatically. I see a chance that you might have had a correct license installed and have now overwritten the key with another key that does not include that feature. For licensing questions, please contact Plesk licensing support here:

"Security Core (ModSecurity and Fail2Ban)" is "On".

I used the same license key again. So I think it's the Comodo servers

Back