• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

The OS of choice for Plesk

M

mlnospam

Hello,

I like pretty much Debian and have been using it since now a few years but I must notice that Plesk under Debian is somehow not very stable or lead to various package problems and this on a fresh new installed server.

First of all the autoinstaller of Plesk won't even work on Debian 4.0 x64, well that's not so bad because there is a workaround. But worse is that today I did an apt-get update apt-get upgrade and there are unmet dependecies with the package libc6 so the upgrade is failing and leaving the whole OS in a "half-updated" state. apt-get update / apt-get upgrade on other servers without plesk in the apt.d/sources.list just worked fine. So it looks like SWsoft debian packages are in conflict with some official debian packages. Not nice...

Then the Plesk admin console (https://hostname:8443) simply doesn't answer anymore: gives a blank page. So I need to restart psa... Then it works again. So pretty unstable for production...

Now because of these problems I got to the conclusion that Debian is simply NOT the OS of choice for Plesk... So I wanted to ask you guys out there what 64 bit Linux distribution you would recommend me ? The criteria for me is stability and no package incompatibilities problems... RHEL is not a choice because you have to pay. But is then maybe CentOS better for Plesk ? Please consider that I also want to use Plesk Expand so the OS has to also be stable for the Plesk Expand server.

Many thanks in advance for the input

Regards

Back