• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved The repository does not have a Release file

Goodfred

Basic Pleskian
Hello and a good day to everyone!

I have following error message

2021-05-17 06:25:52 ERROR: W:The repository 'Index of /PHP73_17 xenial Release' does not have a Release file., W:Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use., W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details., W:The repository 'Index of /PHP74_17 xenial Release' does not have a Release file., W:Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use., W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details., W:The repository 'Index of /PHP80_17 xenial Release' does not have a Release file., W:Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use., W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details., E:Failed to fetch http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PHP73_17/dists/xenial/all/binary- amd64/Packages 404 Not Found [IP: *.*.*.* 80], E:Failed to fetch http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PHP74_17/dists/xenial/all/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found [IP: *.*.*.* 80], E:Failed to fetch http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PHP80_17/dists/xenial/all/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found [IP: *.*.*.* 80], E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
2021-05-17 06:25:52 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

The server is an Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
Plesk Version 18.0.34 Update #2

Yesterday there was a file called "plesk.list.ai_back" in /etc/apt/sources.list.d - but no I cant find the file again.
In the ai_back file I found the sources (PHP73_17, PHP74_17, etc.) from the error message.

I tried apt-get update some minutes ago and got following error message: Watch attachment "apt-get update.pdf"

Thank you for answers! I hope you can help me! :)

I wish you a good day!
Goodfred

Attachments

• apt-get update.pdf
    61.1 KB · Views: 10

Im very thankful! This solved my problem!
(I hope I dont need the *PHP* sources in the sources.list/plesk.list for apt-get update - because we are using always the Plesk updater - and I saw that the Plesk updater has sources for the *PHP* files)

(This thread is no more issue anymore, its solved. I dont find the option to change it ...)

Im very thankful! This solved my problem!
(I hope I dont need the *PHP* sources in the sources.list/plesk.list for apt-get update - because we are using always the Plesk updater - and I saw that the Plesk updater has sources for the *PHP* files)

(This thread is no more issue anymore, its solved. I dont find the option to change it ...)
Hi @Goodfred , do you mind sharing how you did this, step by step? I'm new to this and im not sure how to go about fixing this. I have exactly the same issue..

thanks in advance

First I deleted in the sources file all entries with *php* from Plesk
Then I ran the command "plesk installer update" which created the *php* entries again in a correct format.

That was all! :)

Back