• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved There are incorrect permissions on some items: /var/www/vhosts ...

Automata

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Operating system:
Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

Plesk version:
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.29_build1800200731.19

Step to reproduce the error via CLI:

plesk repair fs -verbose

Error:

"Checking Linux system files[2020-08-07 04:13:07.046] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/fsmng' '--check-ac' '/var/www/vhosts'] with exit code [1]

There are incorrect permissions on some items: /var/www/vhosts .... [ERROR]
- fsmng failed: ERROR:Command '['/bin/rpm', '-qf',
'/var/www/vhosts', '--dump']' returned non-zero exit status 1
Do you want to repair incorrect permissions? [Y/n] y
Repairing incorrect permissions ................................. [2020-08-07 04:13:17.819] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/fsmng' '--set-ac' '/var/www/vhosts'] with exit code [1]
[FAILED]
- fsmng failed: ERROR:Command '['/bin/rpm', '-qf',
'/var/www/vhosts', '--dump']' returned non-zero exit status 1

Checking virtual hosts' file system ................................. [OK]

Error messages: 1; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

exit status 1"

Please help me to solve this error and thanks in advance for the support.

Last edited:
Hi,

For the benefit of all Plesk Obsidian users I share the resolution of this problem thanks to the paid technical support offered by Plesk (the first month of technical support by Plesk is completely free) which I am extremely happy with as they are very professional courteous and fast, thanks.

Operating system:
Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

Plesk version:
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.29_build1800200731.19

Plesk Technical Support Response:

"Hello ...

I would like to provide you with the results of the investigation.
During the investigation, the Developer team confirmed a bug regarding this issue, its ID is PPPM-12274.
The root cause of the issue is that fsmng detects OS wrong.
The fsmng detects OS by checking `/bin/rpm` or `/usr/bin/dpkg`. On the server, the `/bin/rpm` is additionally installed:
# ls /bin/rpm*
/bin/rpm /bin/rpm2archive /bin/rpm2cpio /bin/rpmbuild /bin/rpmdb /bin/rpmgraph /bin/rpmkeys /bin/rpmquery /bin/rpmsign /bin/rpmspec /bin/rpmverify

In this case, the fsmng detects OS, as Centos/Redhat, not as Ubuntu. As a result, by running the 'plesk repair fs -verbose' command the following error message is received:
[FAILED]- fsmng failed: ERROR:Command '['/bin/rpm', '-qf', '/var/www/vhosts', '--dump']' returned non-zero exit status 1

Currently, the only possible workaround is to remove or rename `/bin/rpm`.

We will do our best to fix the issue in one of the next Plesk updates. Please keep checking the release notes, available here, for announcements:
Change Log for Plesk Obsidian"

Greetings and good day to all !

Last edited:
Back