• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue This IP Address is not configured Properly

Larsm

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

when i reboot my server the domain, listen to this IP address, is down.
When i look at Plesk at the IP adress settings i get the Message that the IP adress is not configured properly.

i click on repair and the domain works until i reboot the server again. what can i do?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Hi Larsm,

to start, pls. check for example the file at "/etc/network/interfaces" if you are on a Debian/Ubuntu based system.

If the entries are correct, you should consider to provide MORE informations about your server and it's configuration, so that people willing to help you have something to start with their investigations, to suggest possible solutions to solve your issue.

A very good start is the output of the command ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ): plesk version

i think there is something wrong. dublicate entry's.can i delete them? it's the same ipadress everytime.
7d68c59d0df16acad2665caeccdb1b54.jpg

my Plesk version:

Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.0.17
Build date: 2017/03/22 17:00
OS version: Ubuntu 16.04
Revision: ab6766191d3ba26e7b21255ab007fc7fc56d84c6
Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Hi Larsm,

i think there is something wrong. dublicate entry's.can i delete them? it's the same ipadress everytime.
You are no even able to delete double entries for the very same IP, you really should do that, in order to repair your misconfiguration.

In addition, pls. be informed, that a correct entry would look like this:

Code:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    netmask XXX.XXX.XXX.0
    gateway XXX.XXX.XXX.1
    broadcast XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
The Control Panel from your server hoster should inform you about the correct IP - numbers, so pls. head over to their Control Panel and if you can't find any informations there, pls. contact their support, to get these informations.

An additional IP for your server would be defined as "eth0:1", but never your very first one.
The very first static IP on your server is always named as "eth0", ( where "eth" can differ, depending to your server hoster configuration! ) so the configuration as shown by you like
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
... should always be corrected. ;)

Hi, I´ve got the same problem. I´ve created a dedicated IP but the message is the same "This IP address is not configured properly".

I´ve tried the button "Reread" and the button "Repair" and also, run the command for repairing in the console but all of them sith no result.

I´ve run the command "plesk db "select status from IP_Addresses where ip_address = '82.165.10.78'";" and the result is "status 1"

I see that I had no ""/etc/network/interfaces"" file

This is my plesk version:
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.56.2
OS version: Ubuntu 22.04 x86_64

So, what can I do for solving the issue?

Back