• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Time on Server

S

Synetec

Hello,

i use Plesk 7.5.1 Reloaded with SuSE 9.1.

On Plesk i change the Language to German and set time to MET +01:00. Now the systemtime with date is correct.

But, when i restart the server, the time is incorrect and when i look in Plesk, the Timezone is the old GMT. So on reboot the change from me lost.

The second problem is, thats the time befor i reboot is correct with the command time, but the crondaemon use the gmt time. So i enter a cronjob for 5:00 and my date say 5:00 but no job is starting, it´s starting on 5:00 when my time is 04:00.

It´s confused. Have anyone a idea ???

Thanks.

Change the timezone in command line and this problem will not occur again.
The cron should consider the time on your server, but you should make sure that your server clock is not set to UTC.

Yes I have been observing the system date time slipping from the correct time to about 4-5 hours behind, I resett the date/time with PLESK only to find it lagging again a day or two later. I though I have a faulty CMOS battery, but then it started doing it on our other PLESK servers aswell.

I will use the CLI date command and see if that helps.

Make sure that you have a public accessible NTP server, some that used to be public are now private, I've had to change mine several times just this year.

Also make sure your firewall is set to allow it as well.

Other than that, none of my 7.5.3 servers have been experiencing time lag of any sort (RH9)

Thanks I'll check that out too,

for the record both boxes with this issue are RHEL3.

If you do not reboot the server the battery is not related.
Do you use any virtualization software on the server?

We don't reboot unless we are installing hardware or kernel updates.

Nope, no virtualization software, just PLESK, CFMX, Sun 1 ASP, FROT and Acronis TrueImageServer.

Since I issued the date command via the command line a few days ago, the correct date has remained, and the issue appears to be solved.

It's wierd that making changes to the system date through PLESK appear to not be holding.

Back