• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved /tmp dir gets filled up with pmm-dudc-incUserData-zoj3Y3

Ramon_123

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I am encountering an issue with two of my servers running Plesk. Both server are exactly the same and are my webservers for a website running on PHP 7.4. (with a load balancer in front of it). I can't find any related help articles or topics to this issue, so hopefully you can help me.

The issue is that in about 1 day my entire tmp dir gets filled up with a file called 'pmm-dudc-incUserData-zoj3Y3'. Which leads in the end to an unstable server if the limit (of 1 Gb) is reached. Please see also the attachments for more details.

What I also notice is once the tmp dir is full an process called pmm-ras is running and taking 100% of 1 CPU constantly and I can’t kill it directly via my console.

The only way I can now resolve it is by rebooting my servers.

Some more details:
  • Both server exact the same and have the same issue
  • Servers only run 1 website on PHP 7.4 (DB is on another server)
  • Servers are not overloaded because even one server can now hold my traffic (400 to 500 concurrent visitors)
  • Plesk Obsidian 18.0.21 Update #5
  • I have removed the Plesk Migrator Manager (thought this was maybe the issue, but not)
  • Centos 7
  • 8 Gb ram
  • 4 CPU’s
  • 300 Gb Disk
Hope you can help. Many thanks in advanced.

Regards, Ramon

Attachments

• tmp_dir_graph.png
    tmp_dir_graph.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 6
  • tmp_dir_overview.png
    tmp_dir_overview.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 8
tmp dir gets filled up with a file called 'pmm-dudc-incUserData-zoj3Y3
It is related to Plesk backup process. Check that these files occur during the scheduled backup and that it is configured correctly.

It is related to Plesk backup process. Check that these files occur during the scheduled backup and that it is configured correctly.

Hi IgorG, Thanks for your suggestion. It's indeed the back-up process. I thought I had turned it off but apparently not.. After I stopped this process, the issue was solved.

Many thanks for your help.

Back