• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question /tmp partition space, backup downloads

-FP

New Pleskian
Hi,

At the moment the full backup of my server is about 4.5 gigs. The backups are stored locally on the server, but when I try to download them, I get an error related to the /tmp partition being full.

This is how my disk is setup according to the server health monitor:

7sVQNQY.png

So yeah, the /tmp partition doesn't have a lot of space assigned. There's also the /dev partition which I don't know if it's used at all, I always see it at 0%.

How could I go about fixing this or modifying my disk config to make it better? I have little to no knowledge on how to use the command line to modify partitions or mount stuff in another location. (CentOS 7)

Last edited:
Try to change location for DUMP_TMP_D variable in /etc/psa/psa.conf file. By default it is /tmp:

# grep DUMP_TMP_D /etc/psa/psa.conf
DUMP_TMP_D /tmp

BTW, /dev is system partition for mount points of devices. Do not use this partition for avoiding unpredictable consequences.

Reactions: -FP
Thanks. Would it be possible to swap the /tmp and /dev partitions? I suppose /dev doesn't need 15.7 GB of space, I could use that as /tmp and set /dev to the 5.75 GB one.

I do not recommend to do something with /dev partition.

What would be a good directory in /var to set the DUMP_TMP_D variable to?

Does it need special permissions / ownership?

Just create directory with the same permissions as /tmp in /var and specify it as DUMP_TMP_D variable.

Back