• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

to relay or not to relay?

T

tolis

Hi everyone,
Since last friday i saw that my qmail qeue had over 1000 mail.I checked and saw that almost 500 of them where coming ftom a domain no t in my IP and were going to a recipient not in IP too.
I thought it was relaying.I have added the domain to my black list but i need some help with the realying issue.I have an open relay but with both smtp and pop (10 min) auth. How did he get a relay despite the auths?
And if i set from my plesk 7.5.3 the relay mode to off what my clients will not be able to do?
Should i set relaying to off?
What is MAPS?
Thanks
I have choosen to have a unique IP for qmail than the one pointing to the domain.Does that matter?

First off, it's not polite to cross post. Posting your problem once in the correct section will do.

That being said, you should have smtp authorization checked under Mail-Preferences, but not necessarily POP3.

MAPS is a way to have the mail server check to see if the sending server has been blacklisted. The one that I use is 'sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org'. If you have previously added the '-Rt0' argument to your smtp_psa file you will have to add it again if you enter a MAPS domain. The file will be over-written.

But more than likely somebody is using a script that's installed on the server to send the emails, something like formmail.pl. More info may be obtained by going through the mail logs at /usr/loca;/psa/var/log/maillog (redhat)

Back