• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade ?

R

raaqi

I have 8.1.1 on my FC6 box. I am wondering if it's worth my while updating to 8.2. I really can't afford downtime if the update goes wrong.

I do full dumps of mysql, the psa dbase, individual sites, complete pleskbackup, and i also use rsnapshot. However if something goes wrong, i still run a risk. I've been burnt before by plesk.

So what's the story? Should I wait or Should I upgrade now?

Hi,

yeahh, there was so much fun in upgrading to 8.1;) ;)
as far as i know, 8.2.1 that was released recently is more stable in upgrade;

now or later you will have to do it any way, but you have a backup of all, that's good and provide some reliability;

8.3 is due out in another month or so (end of november) so you either have to upgrade now and then wait for psa to fix the bugs for upgrading in 8.3 and then upgrade to 8.3 in dec/jan or you can wait till then to upgrade to 8.3

8.2 is pretty stable and the upgrade process has been fixed for most circumstances. it is always possible for the installer to muck up no matter how much you wait or how stable the product is.

I would recomend going through it on a test box first to work out the kinks (if any) and to identify any problem areas.

Back