1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade ?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by raaqi, Oct 14, 2007.

  1. raaqi

    raaqi Guest

    I have 8.1.1 on my FC6 box. I am wondering if it's worth my while updating to 8.2. I really can't afford downtime if the update goes wrong.

    I do full dumps of mysql, the psa dbase, individual sites, complete pleskbackup, and i also use rsnapshot. However if something goes wrong, i still run a risk. I've been burnt before by plesk.

    So what's the story? Should I wait or Should I upgrade now?
  2. tiramisu

    tiramisu Guest


    yeahh, there was so much fun in upgrading to 8.1;) ;)
    as far as i know, 8.2.1 that was released recently is more stable in upgrade;

    now or later you will have to do it any way, but you have a backup of all, that's good and provide some reliability;
  3. tiramisu

    tiramisu Guest

  4. Amin Taheri

    Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

    Jul 5, 2007
    Likes Received:
    Seattle Area
    8.3 is due out in another month or so (end of november) so you either have to upgrade now and then wait for psa to fix the bugs for upgrading in 8.3 and then upgrade to 8.3 in dec/jan or you can wait till then to upgrade to 8.3

    8.2 is pretty stable and the upgrade process has been fixed for most circumstances. it is always possible for the installer to muck up no matter how much you wait or how stable the product is.

    I would recomend going through it on a test box first to work out the kinks (if any) and to identify any problem areas.