• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Tomcat 7 upgrade plesk 12.x

Binesh S

Regular Pleskian
Let me know possible to upgrade tomcat 5.5 to 7.

So far plesk not supported tomcat 7 upgrade in Linux box.

Please help me upgrade option

Thanks
Binesh

Tomcat 7 is supported by Plesk 12, so you may try to upgrade it and then re-read Server Components in Plesk. I hope that upgrade procedure will be completed successfully.

Thanks IgorG , Let me know procedure for upgrade. I try to uninstall tomcat5.5 and reinstall tomcat via plesk autoinstaller , Same tomcat 5.5 was reinstalled in plesk

Please guide me

Thanks
Binesh

Thanks IgorG , Let me know procedure for upgrade. I try to uninstall tomcat5.5 and reinstall tomcat via plesk autoinstaller , Same tomcat 5.5 was reinstalled in plesk

Please guide me

Thanks
Binesh
Unfortunately I haven't expirience with Tomcat upgrade, but I assume that you need just find corresponding packages for your OS and upgrade old packages with new.

Plesk should provide option similar to Windows server for installation of tomcat7 . Windows server have dual option to select tomcat .

Its long due for Linux plesk

Thanks
Binesh

Last edited:
Is there any step-by-step guide available to upgrade Tomcat from 6 to 7

I am running Plesk 12 on Linux CentOS 6.4

Is there any step-by-step guide available to upgrade Tomcat from 6 to 7

I am running Plesk 12 on Linux CentOS 6.4
No step-by-step instructions. Just use OS package manager for upgrade.

Thanks IgorG. I browsed through few answers here and thought of consolidating to make steps:

1. Ensure to install Java 1.6+ before going ahead with Tomcat 7

2. Check for repository using this command: yum list tomcat*

3. If the list only contains tomcat 6 versions, download the Tomcat7 repository (example: http://pkgs.org/fedora-centos-rhel-...0-devel/tomcat7-7.0.22-1.jpp6.noarch.rpm.html)

4. Compile and install tomcat 7 from the source, as described here: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/setup.html#Unix_daemon

Please comment

Igor, I have a VPS with CentOS 7.1 and Plesk 12.0 installed, i installed tomcat 7 but in the CP, the service management section still shows tomcat service as grey, all attempts to start the service fails.... how do i get tomcat 7 to work from the CP

Igor, I have installed tomcat 7 and in the server components it shows as it being installed, however from the service management I cannot get tomcat service to start, neither can i get it to start via SSH.
I am running a VPS with Plesk 12.0.18.
Appreciate your help

I've also tried to install Tomcat 7 on CeontOS 6.5 with Plesk 12 with no luck. I mean I can install Tomcat 7 manually or from os repos but Plesk can not recognize it installed and apps manager is missing for domains. It seems that everything in Plesk is hard coded for Tomcat 6 only.

Darius tomcat 7 will work with CentOS 7 and Plesk 12, you need to upgrade to CentOS 7. However, on the panel, tomcat service may show as not running, but it is running, just that the panel will not show it....

Back