• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Tomcat 7

SamirM

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I run PP v 12 and need to upgrade Tomcat to version 7, can anyone guide me as to how i can do this???
Thanks in advance

Samir

Plesk doesn't ship Tomcat, it only downloads it from original OS vendor repo. So use OS package manager for Tomcat update to version 7.

Hi Igor, is there any step=by=step guide which will help me upgrade, searching google i find lot of references to installing tomcat 7 but nothing for upgrading from v6 to v7, would appreciate your feedback

Hi SamirM,

please visit https://tomcat.apache.org/migration-7.html to get all informations and step-by-step - solutions, if you would like to upgrade from version 6 to 7.

Be aware that Linux is not always Linux, if it comes to installation- and/or upgrade-guides. You will mostly find work-arounds for Redhat/Centos or Debian/Ubuntu - please specify your operating system, if you would like to have additional links, or help from the Parallels - Community.

Thnx UFHH01, i run CentOS 6.4(final), 64 bit on Plesk v 12.0.18, surely appreciate all the help you can provide....

Hi SamirM,

your very own vendor decides, which tomcat version is used in the repositories. You can always decide to add additional repos ( http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories ). After you added additional repos, you might list the possible tomcat versions with:

yum list tomcat*
If the list only contains tomcat 6 versions, you always have the choice to compile and install tomcat 7 from the source, as described here:

But the problem is: Also if you added a repository which serves tomcat7 (epel for example) and install it, tomcatmng refuses to work:
tomcatmng --is-configured
Tomcat is not installed: Unable to find tomcat server config /usr/share/tomcat6//conf/server.xml

It seems there are hardcoded paths in tomcatmng according to the used os version.
If I try to install tomcat over the plesk installer always tomcat6 is installed in parallel to 7 and used instead.

Centos 6.6 / Plesk 12.0.18

It seems that you can install TomCat7 on a Centos6.x server, you will need to upgrade it to a Centos 7 OS and install the Plesk panel v12.x and the work around as given in one of the KB articles will get it to work via the CP....

Back