• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Tools and setting option is missing

This sounds like either a cookie or an ip change issue. The first thing that you can try is to delete the cookies in your browser, then try again. If that does not help, try to access the panel from a device where the issue does not occur, e.g. a smartphone, and go to "Tools & Settings" > "Sessions Management". Check the "Allow IP address changes ..." checkbox. Make sure that the "idle" time is long enough, e.g. 30 minutes.

plesk03.jpg

Are you the system's administrator and logging in with the "admin" account?
Have you switched the view to "service provider" view instead of "power user"?

You say "... hence admin", so are you assuming that you have admin rights or is the user actually called "admin"? It needs to be the "admin" named user account.

For switching views please see

In the user section ,there is just 1 user and it's me corresponding to it there is role which is showing 'owner'.....and to try the method you sent the tools and setting is missing

I probably need to improve my English, because I have a feeling that you misunderstood my question.
You are writing "I am the only user" and "there is just 1 user and it's me" and "role which is showing 'owner' ", but you are not confirming that your username is "admin".

O.k., let's try a different approach to the question that needs to be answered:

When you log in to Plesk, is the username you type into the "Username" field "admin" or is it anything else?
If it is anything else from "admin", you cannot access the Tools & Settings section. You must login as "admin". Are you using that username to login?

I got the login credentials via hostgator after purchasing their web hosting....the username is not called admin but it is something else

In this case you need to contact the support team of your hosting provider, because you do not and will not have access to the host's settings. You have not leased a server, but a web space account on a server. In this case you don't have control over the server's settings. What you are looking for requires your own Plesk installation, not a web space account on a server that has Plesk as a control panel but also provides other users with web space accounts. Your hosting provider will likely need to change the "IP address change" setting shown above so that your login issue can be solved.

Back