• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Traffic

P

pstechnology

I have 2 Plesk boxes with 1&1 in the UK (hosted in Germany i think). Anyway, one is running 7.5.4 and the other 8.01. The 8.01 box is new, and only has 2 domains on it at the moment.

I have just received an invoice from 1&1 stating that my 8.01 box has transferred 4.7Gb of data in 1 month. If I look in Plesk, it states a grand total for the 2 domains at 17.85Mb.

I have emailed 1&1 and am still awaiting a response, but their help system suggests that hacking attempts could account for high data transfer.

Heres the question. I have configured my 1&1 Cisco firewall, I have checked my LogWatch emails and I cannot account where this large amount of data transfer is coming from. 1&1's policy is to slow down a server from 100Mb to 10Mb after 1Gb of data transfer.

My 7.5.4 box is not suffering this problem.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how best hide a server from hackers, and how to best lock down the security so that I do not keep suffering from this problem.

My firewall is configured to allow ports : 80, 443, 25, 110, 143, 465, 993, 995, 8443, 21, 123, 53 and 22 (22 is allowed only from a particular IP address).

Thank you.

Currently, Plesk 8's traffic counting devices are not working properly. As mentioned in 1&1's FAQ, iptables -L -v |grep Chain will output your bw usage (Please note, this does include overall, not just for the past month). However, I do recommend you put into place a form of bandwidth monitoring beyond that of the Plesk control panel.

Back