1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer domain to another server

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by spot, Aug 18, 2005.

1. spot

spot Guest

Hello there!
    I have this problem: I have two reseller accounts, with two different companies, on two different servers, BOTH running plesk 7.5.3.
    I want to transfer a domain (around 500 mb http, 130mb in databases, 350mb in 50mail accounts) from one server to the other.
    I have no root access. The admin in the fisrt company (where the domain currently is) is a nice guy, willing always to help).
    I have searched this forum and tried to backup using plesk, and then restore using plesk on the other server. Didn't work, cause as i found out here, there is a key that should be the same and since i do not have root access to the other server in order to edit the file, this solution didn't work.
    So, i kept searching here, and read about the plesk migration manager. What is this? Is this the solution to my problem? Does it require root access?

Any ideas on what i could do?

Thank you in advance.
    Dimitris
    Greece.

2. MaRiOs

MaRiOs Guest

Greek: Geia sou file...fantazome tha mporouses na ta kaneis xeirokiinita backup (ena folder me to domain ena me ta database k ena me ta email accounts) alla einia mpelas gi ana ta valeis sto 2o server meta...

I hope someone from here can find a solution for you.

3. spot

spot Guest

:(

Any help?
    Is the migration manager a feature that i should have with my reseller account? Cause i don't see anything related in my control panel.
    Pleaaaaase !
    Dimitris

4. poke

poke Guest

The migration manager is only on the admin level. You will need root access to migrate.