• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Transfer domain to another server

S

spot

Hello there!
I have this problem: I have two reseller accounts, with two different companies, on two different servers, BOTH running plesk 7.5.3.
I want to transfer a domain (around 500 mb http, 130mb in databases, 350mb in 50mail accounts) from one server to the other.
I have no root access. The admin in the fisrt company (where the domain currently is) is a nice guy, willing always to help).
I have searched this forum and tried to backup using plesk, and then restore using plesk on the other server. Didn't work, cause as i found out here, there is a key that should be the same and since i do not have root access to the other server in order to edit the file, this solution didn't work.
So, i kept searching here, and read about the plesk migration manager. What is this? Is this the solution to my problem? Does it require root access?

Any ideas on what i could do?

Thank you in advance.
Dimitris
Greece.

Greek: Geia sou file...fantazome tha mporouses na ta kaneis xeirokiinita backup (ena folder me to domain ena me ta database k ena me ta email accounts) alla einia mpelas gi ana ta valeis sto 2o server meta...

I hope someone from here can find a solution for you.

:(

Any help?
Is the migration manager a feature that i should have with my reseller account? Cause i don't see anything related in my control panel.
Pleaaaaase !
Dimitris

The migration manager is only on the admin level. You will need root access to migrate.

Back