• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Transfer Plesk Panel to new Windows server

D

David JohnG

Hello,

I want to re-install Plesk and transfer all sites etc from a Windows 2003 server to a Windows 2008 server. Running version 8.6.0.1.

Have read about using the migration manager utility which does not seem to be available where it is supposed to be - under Services. Also this seems to be for migrating from competing products to Plesk.

Can anyone point me to where I can find out about doing this? Is it just a matter of re-installing the software on the new server then copying over some folders and databases? Or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks
JG

Igor,

A couple of other issues:

1. How is licensing affected? (Leased license.) In the process of transferring to the new server will we have access to Plesk on both?

2. The plan is to set up the new server with the same company, re-install version 8.6 then restore from backup as described. I read about IP address issues. All IP addresses are the same for all sites. However when the new server is setup a temporary IP address will be assigned. When we're ready to start on the new server, then the original IP address will be assigned to the new server. Will this create problems?

3. If we cannot locate the original installation files, can these be downloaded from somewhere?

Thanks
JG

You can ask trial license key for performing migration from your sales representative. After migration finishing you can install your permanent license to new server.

You can perform backup, then stop old server. New server can be with the same IPs and you can restore backup there without any IP related issues.

Do you mean Plesk distributive? You can find it on Parallels site.

Hello

but, is possible to use this way also for migrate from plesk 8.6 on old server to plesk 10 on new server ??

Thanks

Back